1 DOM Topics: Readings and References
2 DOM Basics and Fundamental Interfaces
2.1 Introduction to the DOM
2.2 Key DOM Interfaces
Make we will need to understand the key features of the following interfaces:
- querying and modifying the DOM,
- modifying classes and attributes,
- listening to events, and animation.
3 DOM Events
A good Introduction to DOM Events from Smashing Magazine. Hits key issues. Topics covered:
- Listening for DOM events; add and remove listeners
- Maintaining Callback Context: the perils of this and how to fix it.
- The Event object and what's in it.
- Event phases: capture, target, and bubbling.
- Stopping propagation, and default browser behavior
- Custom Events, Delegate event listeners, Some useful events.
Events and the DOM. Fundamental, but a bit too short. Topics covered:
- Registering event listeners:
addEventListenermethod, HTML attribute, DOM element property.
Accessing event interfaces